Opinion and Idea



Definition.
Opinion is a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
Maksudnya adalah opini atau pendapat itu pandangan atau penilaian tentang sesuatu yang belum tentu berdasarkan fakta atau pengetahuan.
Idea is a thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action.
Maksudnya ide itu pemikiran atau saran tentang tindakan yang mungkin dilakukan.
Social Function.
1.       To ask other’s opinion about an issue.
Fungsi ini adalah fungsi untuk asking opinion, disini maksudnya kita meminta pendapat dari orang lain mengenai suatu hal.
2.       To express an opinion on a matter or issue.
Fungsi ini adalah fungsi dari giving opinion, disini maksudnya kita menyampaikan pendapat tentang suatu hal.
3.       To help someone who need any suggestion or advice by giving our personal idea and opinion in our daily life.
Artinya adalah pendapat dan ide kita dapat membantu orang lain yang memerlukan
4.       Maintain interpersonal relationships with other people.
Artinya, hubungan antar sesama akan tetap terjaga dan terawatt dengan adanya saling berbagi pendapat
Structure.
Structure dalam opinion and idea yang dimaksud disini adalah expression yang digunakan dalam bercakap opinion and idea. Ada 3 jenis expression yang dapat digunakan dalam expressing opinion and idea, yaitu asking opinion, giving opinion, and agreeing/disagreeing opinion.
a.       Asking Opinion
1.       Formal
Would you give me your opinion on…?
Do you have any idea about…?
What is your view on this matter…?
2.       Informal
What do you think about…?
What’s your opinion about…?
Any comment…?
How about…?
b.       Giving Opinion.
1.       Formal.
I personally believe….
I personally consider…
My own view on that matter is…
2.       Informal.
In my opinion….
I think that….
What I’m more concerned with is…
c.       Agreeing/Disagreeing Opinion.
1.       Agree
I agree with you
You’re right
No doubt about it
Of course
I think so
2.       Disagree.
I disagree with you
I don’t believe that
I doubt about yours
I don’t think so
I think you’re wrong

Language Feature.
1.       Using Mental Verb
Mental verb berarti kata kerja yang berkaitan dengan aksi dari pikiran kita. Mental verb yg bisa digunakan yaitu believe, think, doubt, assume, feel.
2.       Sequence to structure whole text – firstly, secondly, etc.
Maksudnya, jika pendapat kita panjang dan memiliki alasan yang banyak, bisa dengan menggunakan perincian, like firstly, secondly.
3.       Cause and effect to link points within paragraphs – consequently, as a result, etc.
Maksudnya, pendapat kita dengan pendapat orang lain dapat kita bandingkan dengan bagaimana kemungkinan dari konsekuensi atau hasil akhir dari pendapat kita apabila terwujud.
4.       Comparison to link different arguments – however, etc
Maksudnya, kita membandinkan pendapat kita dengan pendapat orang lain.
Example.
Yoga                      : “Douglas, do you think that English is difficult lesson?”
Douglas                : “I don’t think so. I think there is no difficult lesson.”
Yoga                      : “Seriously?”
Douglas                : “Yes, I think if we learn seriously, there is no difficult lesson. It’s depend on our seriously.”
Yoga                      : “I don’t think so, in my opinion, it’s difficult because I hard to do every tasks that are given by    our teacher.”
Douglas                : “According to me, it is because of you are lack of vocabularies. So, try to enrich your vocabulary                 then.”
Yoga                      : “Em… I think so. Anyway, English in our class is scheduled at the last class, right?”
Douglas                : “Yes. What do you think about it?”
Yoga                      : “It’s good. There is no problem about it.”
Douglas                : “I don’t think so. I think if English is in the first class, it will be easier to do the lesson. I am hard to follow that schedule.”
Yoga                      : “But I think if we learn seriously, there is no hard in it. It’s depend on our seriously.”
Douglas                : “hahaha are you kidding me? That’s my words!”
Yoga                      : “I think so hahaha”

Komentar